In collaboration with Linda Kohanov, Carol Roush has created Eponaquest Apprenticeship programs in Europe. These programs qualify participants as Eponaquest Instructors with all of the benefits and requirements of all Eponaquest Instructors. The following programs mirror the US apprenticeship in all aspects of preparing candidates to become facilitators of the Eponaquest Approach™ to Equine Experiential Learning.
Please contact Carol Roush directly for more information.
International Eponaquest Apprenticeship 2014 United Kingdom
Telford Equestria Centre in Shropshire located on Granville Road, Donnington Wood.
- Session One: October 20 – 28, 2014
- Session Two: Takes place at the Epona Center in Amado, Arizona, USA
January 10 – 18, 2015
- Session Three: May 11 – 19, 2015
- Session Four: August 2 – 10, 2015
- ₤100 Application fee to be paid at the time application is submitted for review.
- ₤900 deposit to be paid at the time of program acceptance
- Due September 1, 2014: ₤3000
- Due December 1, 2014: ₤2000
- Due March 1, 2015: ₤2000
Applicants are required to submit an electronic copy, in English, of their application to Carol Roush at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, there is a €100 application processing fee to be paid at the time the application is submitted.
Listed below are the items that comprise the Apprenticeship application. Please provide the information in a Microsoft Word document that is a maximum of four (4) pages using text only — no photos or graphics.
- Date application and include name, address, phone number, and email address
- List schools, programs, trainings, certifications, etc. that have supported your growth and development
- Include the name of teaching/training institution, year/time attended, and a one to two sentence description of the program, its purpose and value to you.
- Professional Experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Riding Instructor/Trainer, Educator,
- Horse experience,
- Licensed Mental Health Worker,
- Shamanic Training,
- Alternative Human Health Care,
- Animal Health Care,
- Unique Experience, Skills, Connections
Note: Specify the number of years of experience you have in each area and the particular nature of each category (e.g. Dressage Riding Instructor for seven years, High School teacher for ten years.)
- Describe your initial experience with Eponaquest. Indicate nature of experience (workshop, private sessions, or an intensive), the name(s) of facilitator(s) and workshop(s), and dates. Indicate which of the Eponaquest concepts or activities were difficult to integrate when you returned home? For example, the concept of emotion as information, authentic community building skills, or the false-self/authentic-self metaphor. Which of the concepts were most useful?
- List the date and Facilitator of the Eponaquest Introductory Workshop you attended along with the names and dates of the qualifying workshops with Linda Kohanov and Eponaquest Senior Faculty member.
- Horse Experience (you do not have to be an advanced rider to do this work, but some experience with horses is essential).
- Describe your attraction to the field of Equine Facilitated Experiential Learning. Why are you attracted to the Eponaquest Apprenticeship Program?
- Given the requirements and energetic demands of the Apprenticeship Program, describe how you will integrate it with your personal and work life during the year of training.
- Describe your goals in this field (e.g., running your own EFEL center, adding EFP to your counseling practice, creating a more holistic, emotionally supportive rider instruction program, etc.)
- Indicate the state of your mental and physical health.
- Knowing yourself as you do, if you were to run into a problem during the apprenticeship year, what might it be? How do you imagine the program could help you acknowledge and address that issue?
- If so advised by an Eponaquest Instructor, are you willing to seek outside help in an area where there seems to be a deficiency?
- Indicate your capacity to send and receive emails with Microsoft Word attachments via computer on a routine basis. If you do not currently have this capacity, indicate whether or not you are willing and able to acquire the necessary setup and knowledge. (This electronic exchange among Eponaquest personnel and apprentices is integral to providing professional, personal, and logistical support.)