The first ever Eponaquest Australian Apprenticeship Program will soon be entering its final session and there are still spaces available in the specially priced 2-day Apprentice facilitated introductory workshop.
- Date: July 18 – 19, 2013
- Location: Tamworth NSW, Austalia
- Cost: $100 (includes snacks, lunch and all workshop materials)
- For More Information or to Register Contact: Kylie Peters at 0411 026 995 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIFE LESSONS THROUGH THE WAY OF THE HORSE
Explore a different way of being and working with horses and of understanding how your behavior and interpersonal style impact others, both equine and human.
Horses are very sensitive to subtle shifts in both their environment and people. Their ability to read energy, body language and intention provides us with a unique opportunity for frank feedback in a non-threatening, non-judgmental way, thus we can be both more receptive and more aware – which in turn helps build positive relationships.
This 2 day introductory workshop includes the following basic Eponaquest philosophies and skills through non-riding activities with horses, no prior horse experience is necessary:
- Using emotion as information
- Accessing a more authentic, creative presence
- Recognizing and moving beyond conditioned behaviors and thought patterns
- Setting Boundaries: establishing and maintaining clear and consistent personal space
- Body Scan: using the body as a sensing device to enhance body awareness
- Hands-on activities with horses as guides
Apprentice Equine Experiential Learning Instructors, Kristen Ableson, Karen Curnow, Kylie Peters, Louise Hillman and Judy Brightman
Shelley Rosenberg — Eponaquest Senior Faculty, Advanced Instructor, author of Accessing your Intuition through the Way of the Horse and My Horses, My Healers, US Dressage Judge and USA Grand Prix Dressage Rider
Dr. Nancy Coyne —Eponaquest Senior Faculty, Advanced Instructor and practicing psychiatrist
This workshop is open to all individuals who want to expand their awareness through the way of the horse. No previous horse experience required.