Eponaquest Extended Study Experiences are programs facilitated by Eponaquest Recommended Instructors (prior to 2013 known as Eponaquest Approved Instructors). They cover the basic philosophy and methods of the Eponaquest® Approach™ to Equine Facilitated Experiential Learning as facilitated in all Eponaquest introductory workshops, as well as offering experiences in a variety of other areas of specialty as chosen by the individual Instructors .
Participation in one of these workshops fulfills the introductory prerequisite for individuals wishing to do advanced work at Eponaquest and that is also required prior to acceptance into the Eponaquest Apprenticeship Program.
Eponaquest Recommended Instructors (prior to 2013 known as Eponaquest Approved Instructors) are the only persons authorized to use the Eponaquest Approach™ in facilitating Equine Facilitated Experiential Learning (EFEL) programs. Those individuals using the EFP (Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy) designation with their qualifications on this website are trained, licensed and qualified therapists as required by the laws governing the regions where they work and are professionally responsible for their choice in using this designation. Those who are trained in other fields related to EFEL are also identified. The following code explains abbreviations:
- AI – Advanced Instructor (Prior to 2013 known as AAI – Advanced Approved Instructor)
- EFP – Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy
- EIP – Epona Instructor Partner
- MH – Master Herder Instructor – An instructor who has done advanced study on how to teach the Five Roles of a Master Herder, including how to administer and interpret the Master Herder Professional Assessment.
- NARHA – North American Riding for the Handicapped Association
- EFMHA – Equine Facilitated Mental Health Association
- CEFIP – Certified Equine Facilitated Interaction Professionals, in Mental Health or Education
- POH – Trained Instructor in the Power of the Herd Leadership Program
- RFI – Riding Focused Instructor