Radical Self Care (session #1)
March 24, 2013 to March 28, 2013
Oviedo, Florida - Barrett Farm of Florida (Orlando area)
Hosted By: Barrett Farm of Florida – www.barrettfarm.com
Cost: $3200 – Includes tuition, lunch and written materials.
- Payment #1 — $1600 — due at Time of Registration
- Payment #2 — $1600 — due by January 20, 2013
Dates: March 24-28, 2013 & April 11-15, 2013 (This is a 2 week program.)
Workshop description: Each 5 day segment addresses profound aspects of caring for ourselves.
Who can benefit?
- Are you living life fully?
- Do you feel healthy, lively, grounded, peaceful and content?
- Do you do work you love passionately?
- Do you nurture yourself with healthy food, pleasurable exercise, spiritual practice, creative process, and right work?
- Is there enough laughter and play in your life?
- Is there an area of incompletely healed trauma?
- Do you have trouble staying with your good intentions?
- Does addiction to food, substances, work, TV, or sex interfere with your clarity?
- Do you struggle to set clear boundaries, assert yourself comfortably or take initiative?
We all need support and inspiration to take good care of ourselves in this toxic world.
This workshop addresses the profound effect of support for self care in our lives. With the help of our wise horses, in a safe and sacred space, we will explore our self care patterns and use the Eponaquest tools:
- Tuning the body as an instrument and receiving its information
- Using emotions as information rather than simply reacting
- Creative process to tune in to authentic experience
- Yoga, mindfulness and self inquiry
- The power of the herd to inspire and empower us.
- Read misbehavior as communication.
We will be offering mounted work in a safe and supportive environment. Working with you at whatever level you ride, we will explore how to create a deeper and more effective relationship with our equine partners. We will work to gently overcome fear and access intuition, developing awareness of how you and your emotions effect your relationship with your horse.
We will focus on you as a rider, teacher, or trainer, exploring how you have come to this point in your life and what challenges are on your path as you move forward.
The workshop will help you:
- To set boundaries with your horse, yourself and other humans
- How to use the emotional message chart in your daily life
- Advance your horse’s skills and more forward as a rider and trainer
- Access intuition
- Teach in a positive and safe way
- Discover how you learn best
- Enlist the horse as a thoughtful, willing partner
- In a safe and non judgmental environment explore questions about the horse, your life, yourself which have not be addressed elsewhere
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation up to 30 days prior to the event start date results in a credit of one-half the workshop tuition. There is no tuition credit for a cancellation 30 days or less before the event start date.
Shelley Rosenberg is an accomplished dressage trainer, rider and judge. An Eponaquest Advanced Instructor, she is the author of two books, My Horses My Healers, am memoir chronicling her survival of childhood abuse with the help of the horses, and, the recently published Accessing Your Intuition. A gifted horse artist, she also co-directs workshops at her farm in Sonoita, Arizona and internationally.
Nancy Coyne, MD is a psychiatrist with years of experience working with trauma survivors. An artist herself, she utilizes creative process, drawing and writing and yoga in her work with clients. For the past 7 years she has been concentrating on learning from and collaborating with the wise horse herd in helping people empower themselves and heal. She is an Eponaquest Advanced Instructor and co-directs workshops with Shelley Rosenberg in Sonoita, Arizona and internationally.