2.5 Day Equine-Facilitated Workshop
Cost: $1500 AUD ($1111.28 USD) — Please note that payment processor requires payment in USD.
Dates: September 21 through 23
- Includes the half day indoor seminar on September 21 at UNSW CBD Campus, Level 6/1 O’Connel St., Sydney NSW 2000
- 9 am to 1 pm
- (afternoon off for travel to the horse venue)
- Plus 2 days of Horse Facilitated Activities at Eureka Pines, 674 Nowra Rd, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577 (15 minutes’ drive from Moss Vale in the Southern Highlands, NSW)
- 9:30 am to 5:30 pm on September 22 and 23
This experiential workshop, limited to 8 participants, includes the indoor introductory seminar covering the Five Roles of a Master Herder at the UNSW CBC Campus in Sydney, followed by two days of horse-facilitated learning activities at the Eureka Pines farm outside Sydney. No horse experience or previous interest in horses is necessary.
The Balance of Power In-Depth Intensive combines compelling, efficient, safe ground activities with horses to exercise the five roles while teaching participants how to take these skills back to human environments. You will:
- Practice the appropriate and beneficial use of each role
- Learn how to overcome the challenges associated with each role
- Explore innovative techniques for transforming fearful or aggressive behavior in others
- Experience what it takes to combine and balance the roles, leading to a deeper understanding of why all five are necessary for success and fulfillment in your personal relationships and professional life
- Experience what it’s like to combine forces with a team of people who also know how to balance all five roles
Here’s what participants in previous Balance of Power workshops had to say about the Five Roles model and its experiential learning component:
“Exceeded my expectations. As leaders in this organization, we are trying to find ways to help people to understand a new way of leading that is both kind and capable of helping us with a very bold mission to accomplish. People were intrigued, excited and inspired during the indoor workshop component. I’ve never seen smiles so wide. Those staff members who were able to attend the equine-facilitated learning sessions the following two days were exuberant. They were able to really articulate those areas where they needed the most help and practice some real solutions, and they were ready to make some major changes when they returned to work.”
— Patty Hegwood, Director of Visitors and Volunteers, Best Friends Animal Society
“We came away energized and eager to put these principles into practice. I would definitely recommend Linda’s work both for personal mastery and team building.”
— Sarah Severn, Senior Director, Stakeholder Mobilization, Systems Innovation, Nike, Inc.
“Linda’s description of predatory power is perfectly analogous to the traditional war model of litigation, where vulnerabilities are sought out and preyed upon with the intention to win, with the resulting destruction of relationships. Conversely, the nonpredatory approach to power she defines throughout the book and the workshop guides us through the resolution of conflict with curiosity and cooperation where safety is paramount, the vulnerable are protected, and relationships preserved.”
— Deanna Koebernick, BScAg, LLB, QMed, Registered Collaborative Family Law Lawyer and Mediator, Epona Law and Mediation, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“An incredible experience! I learned to become aware of how I access my personal power, where I had blocks to that and how to shift into being able to use the right amount of power for any given situation.
— Devin Graham, Equine-Facilitated Learning Practitioner
“A true visionary. Linda’s exhaustive research in the areas of social and emotional intelligence and the evolution of consciousness is necessary if humanity is to survive and thrive beyond the 21st Century. Her attention to the intrinsic need for systemic cultural, social, and emotional growth, informed by the wisdom of horses and the power of the herd, supports widespread, true and lasting change. With the real-life application of the tools she presents in her workshops, Linda gives each of us the ability to be the change we wish to see in the world, creating a ripple effect of limitless reach.”
— Halina Kowalski
For additional information on where to stay and other logistics related to this workshop, contact:
Mindful Horse, Mindful Leader
+61 414 336 690