What is Eponaquest?
At the dawn of the 21st century, horses are breaking out of their roles as beasts of burden, yet they’re far from obsolete. As horses are no longer required to work in our fields and carry us to war, they’re doing something arguably more important: working on us.
Founded in 1997 by author, lecturer and horse trainer Linda Kohanov, Epona Equestrian Services has received international attention for horse training and breeding innovations, as well as educational programs that employ horses in teaching people leadership, assertiveness, personal empowerment, relationship, intuition, and emotional fitness skills.
Amateur and professional equestrians, families, counselors, artists, educators, and business leaders travel from around the world to attend workshops and private sessions with the Eponaquest herd. Since 2002, Kohanov and her staff have also trained over 150 Eponaquest Instructors who now offer Eponaquest-based programs on five continents.
At Eponaquest you will find a variety of experiential learning programs and in-depth retreats for equestrian and non-equestrian guests.
Eponaquest offers workshops and private sessions in:
- Leadership: one to five-day retreats developing assertiveness, team building, emotional fitness, nonverbal communication, innovation, conflict resolution, and leadership presence. Multi-week Professional and Life Coach training.
- Personal Development: relationship, emotional fitness, mindfulness, personal empowerment, energy healing and biofeedback, authentic community building, intuition, interspecies communication, Holotropic Breathwork, creativity, music, and writing retreats.
- Equestrian Skills: beginner to advanced horse care, training, riding, interspecies communication, stallion socialization, herd management, riding instructor training.
- Apprenticeships: advanced training in Equine-Facilitated Learning and Human Development or Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy leading to Eponaquest Instructor, Advanced Instructor, and/or Eponaquest Riding Instructor status.
Whether you’re interested horses or human development—or both—the Eponaquest Approach allows you to experience what it means to truly thrive in life, offering you tools that open other worlds of creativity, insight, and empowerment, expanding your vision, helping you reconnect to nature, to the herd and to the community.
Linda is an author, speaker, riding instructor and horse trainer who has become an internationally-recognized innovator in the field of Equine Experiential Learning and a respected writer on the subject of Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy.
Her book The Tao of Equus: A Woman’s Journey of Healing and Transformation through the Way of the Horse was selected as one of the Top Ten Religion and Spirituality books of 2001 by Amazon.com.
Her second book, Riding between the Worlds: Expanding Our Potential through the Way of the Horse, was published in 2003.
Both books have been used as texts in university courses across the country and have received appreciative reviews in publications as diverse as Horse and Rider, Natural Horse, IONS Noetic Sciences Review, Shift, Spirituality and Health, Animal Wellness, The Equestrian News and Strides (the magazine published by the North American Riding for the Handicapped Association).
Among her numerous lectures throughout the U.S. and Canada, she was a presenter at the 2001 NARHA conference and was the keynote speaker at the 2003 NARHA conference. She was also a featured presenter at the 2004 International Transpersonal Conference.
In addition to the workshop schedule below, Linda is available for private sessions. The rate is $225.00 per hour with a two-hour minimum. (Add an additional $100.00 per hour per person.) Contact us at 520-455-5908 or email@example.com for information or scheduling.
Listed below are the workshops Linda is facilitating. Click on the links to read an in-depth description for each workshop.
- May 3-6, 2013 — Harnessing the Invisible: A Transformational Approach to Leadership, Innovation, and Authentic Community Building
- October 11-14, 2013 — Power of the Herd: Leadership for the 21st Century
- November 15-18, 2013 — Black Horse Wisdom
- November 22-25, 2013 — Harnessing the Invisible: A Transformational Approach to Leadership, Innovation, and Authentic Community Building