These workshops are facilitated by Eponaquest Recommended Instructors. They cover the basic philosophy and methods of the Eponaquest® Approach™ to Equine Facilitated Experiential Learning.
Participation in one of these workshops is a prerequisite for individuals wishing to do advanced work at the Eponaquest at Eagle Way, and is also required prior to acceptance into the Eponaquest Apprenticeship Program. See workshop listings below and corresponding websites for details.
Specialty workshops and individually designed intensive study programs are also offered by Eponaquest Recommended Instructors (prior to 2013 known as Eponaquest Approved Instructors) and are listed on their individual websites, that appear at http://eponaquest.com/recommended-instructors/ . Specialty workshops may be 2 to 5 or more days long and cover areas such as advanced equestrian skills, heart/horse connections, leadership studies, managing life transitions, shamanic studies, mother/daughter bonding, eating disorders, trauma recovery and energy work.
All workshops listed below are introductory workshops. They are offered by Eponaquest Instructors, the only persons authorized to use the Eponaquest Approach™ in facilitating Equine Facilitated Experiential Learning (EFEL) programs. Those individuals using the EFP (Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy) designation with their qualifications on this website are trained, licensed and qualified therapists as required by the laws governing the regions where they work and are professionally responsible for their choice in using this designation. Those who are trained in other fields related to EFEL are also identified. The following code explains abbreviations:
- AI – Advanced Instructor (Prior to 2013 known as AAI – Advanced Approved Instructor)
- EFP – Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy
- EIP – Epona Instructor Partner
- NARHA – North American Riding for the Handicapped Association
- EFMHA – Equine Facilitated Mental Health Association
- CEFIP – Certified Equine Facilitated Interaction Professionals, in Mental Health or Education
- POH – Trained Instructor of the Power of the Herd Leadership Program
- RFI – Riding Focused Instructor