- This event has passed.
ACT NOW: Authentic Community Through the Nature of Wisdom — Session#1
December 9, 2014 - December 14, 2014$4445
This is a two week advanced equine experiential learning workshop for those interested in exploring personal development, authentic community building, leadership and social intelligence skills.
- Session #1 — December 9 – 14, 2014
- Session #2 — February 11 – 16, 2015
- $45 Registration Fee
- $1400 Deposit upon acceptance
- $1500 Nov 1
- $1500 Dec 1
The Native American elders of the Hopi Nation tell us that the time of the lone wolf is over. Mother Nature teaches us that herds, packs, and flocks, who all engage in mutual aid, thrive even in the harshest environments. They are more likely to survive variations of climate, territory, and the availability of resources. The Hopi elders say this could be a great time, that the river of life is flowing very fast now. They say we must not try to hold on to the shore but instead let go, push off into the middle of the river and see who is in the flow with us. We are the ones we have been waiting for!
A maximum of 10 participants will meet for a week on two occasions, with reading assignments and conference calls in-between weeks. The ACT NOW program is an experiential learning course of study designed to expand our emotional intelligence, acquire emotional heroism skills, and learn to live and work cooperatively and creatively with others.
This program will assist the individual in moving out of old patterns that recreate the same unhappy dynamics over and over again in relationships, families, communities, and work situations. Participants will learn how to:
- Set healthy physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual boundaries, creating the space each person needs in order to be fully engaged with others. Unhealthy enmeshment leads to feelings of suffocation and eventually poisons the bonds formed as the individual seeks necessary breathing room. Everyone needs a certain amount of space in order to be fully present and engaged.
- Use the body as a tuner, receiver, and amplifier of information, accessing the non-verbal 90% of unconscious human communication. This is equivalent to the highly complex and fine-tuned communication used within herds, packs, and flocks of animals in nature. Some say that is instinct, Carol Roush calls it inner guidance.
- Read misbehavior as a form of communication, understanding with compassion the learning edge of self and others. Becoming emotional hero’s for ourselves and others.
- Making the transition from surviving to thriving, recognize and overcome outdated survival patterns of beliefs and behaviors. Choose the programs and be the programmer.
- Find the courage to ask questions and express what you really want, communicating with others clearly to avoid misunderstandings and drama. Develop a high tolerance for vulnerability and conserve energy for true emergencies.
- Create a safe supportive space of possibility for yourself and others. This fully engaged form of patience with self and others is crucial to allowing innovative solutions to arise in every situation.
To Registration: Contact Carol Roush at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-360-5740.