Introductory & Advanced Workshop – Facilitated by Shelley Rosenberg, AI, RFI, POH, Eponaquest Senior Faculty, and Nancy Coyne MD, Psychiatrist, AI, Senior Faculty and Deborah Draves Legg, Registered Nurse, AI, RFI
Horses help make conscious in humans what is unconscious – our authentic selves – the person we were meant to be. Highly sensitive prey animals, they respond to subtle changes in their handler’s body language, providing feedback on how we are showing up in the moment. Examining our own reactions to equine behavior can lead to powerful new insights into our own natural abilities and talents and help enhance and promote personal and professional growth.
During the workshop we will explore how to:
- Get the messages behind your emotions and move forward, particularly in challenging situations
- Consistently access and more mindful and intuitive presence
- Lead others through positive interactions (be the change)
- Establish and maintain optimal personal space for your own personal well-being and the ability to communicate that to others
- Use your body as a sensory and communication device, accessing the “other 90%” (non-verbal communication)
- Recognize and move beyond the limiting, unconscious beliefs and behaviors that keep you stuck in old patterns
- Overcome counterproductive ways of thinking and reacting, learning to respond with heart-centered presence instead.
This workshop offers the participant time to rest and reflect. A professional masseuse will do an evaluation and devise a customized plan for your spa services, 6 hours of spa services are included in the rate. Services may include reflexology, therapeutic and deep massage, chakra balancing and volcanic mud wraps.
Dr. Coyne may be available for EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) on horseback. This new form of therapy is very effective for anyone with any trauma. She will offer early morning yoga sessions for interested participants.
This workshop experience is appropriate for emotionally secure individuals who are seriously interested in exploring the transformational potential of human-horse interactions. No prior experience with horses is necessary.
Cancellation Policy: Programs/workshops are filled on a first come, first served basis. A 50% deposit is required to secure your place in the workshop. The remainder is due 60 days before the workshop start date. Due to the unique and intensive nature of our workshops, there is no refund in the event a registered participant cancels her/his participation less than 60 days before the workshop start date or withdraws from a program/workshop that is in session. For cancellations prior to the workshop start date, the individual may choose to attend the same workshop the next time it is offered. In this case, we will inform the individual as to whether their space has filled and of the dates the same workshop is next scheduled. If the individual chooses not to attend the next scheduled workshop, their tuition is forfeited. There are no refunds for workshop withdrawals during the workshop.
$2800 per person cost includes, food, lodging, tuition, workshop materials, spa services, guide services and use of horses.
Please contact Deborah at: