Introductory or Advanced Workshop
Facilitated By: Carol Roush, AI, POH, Eponaquest Senior Faculty, assisted by Anne Steuart, AI, POH
Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuition: Early bird tuition available through December 15, 2014 – $1080. Regular Tuition effective December 16, 2014 – $1200.
- Full payment is due at the time of workshop registration. Tuition includes lunches, snacks, bottled water and all workshop materials.
Horses help make conscious in humans what is unconscious – our authentic selves – the person we were meant to be. Highly sensitive prey animals, they respond to subtle changes in their handler’s body language, providing feedback on how we are showing up in the moment. Examining our own reactions to equine behavior can lead to powerful new insights into our own natural abilities and talents and help enhance and promote personal and professional growth.
Join us this winter in sunny Palm City, Florida for the Horse Sense for the Human Heart workshop, an exciting 4-day adventure in self-discovery and personal transformation. With horses as your inspiration and guides, you will cultivate a more authentic approach to life and access inner peace, learning self-awareness, conflict resolution and emotional intelligence skills, as well as the non-predatory leadership styles that horses so ably demonstrate, via a series of informal lectures, structured non-riding activities with equines and other experiential learning modalities. As you gain powerful new insights into your own natural abilities and talents, you will acquire very practical skills for coping with stressors and other challenges that you may encounter as growth and change occur.
During the workshop you will also explore how to:
- Get the messages behind your emotions and move forward, particularly in challenging situations
- Consistently access and more mindful and intuitive presence
- Lead others through positive interactions (be the change)
- Establish and maintain optimal personal space for your own personal well-being and the ability to communicate that to others
- Use your body as a sensory and communication device, accessing the “other 90%” (non-verbal communication)
- Recognize and move beyond the limiting, unconscious beliefs and behaviors that keep you stuck in old patterns
- Overcome counterproductive ways of thinking and reacting, learning to respond with heart-centered presence instead.
The Horse Sense for the Human Heart workshop is inspired by the work of Linda Kohanov, Tucson, AZ based author, motivational speaker, founder of Eponaquest Worldwide (www.eponaquest.com), and internationally recognized innovator in the field of equine facilitated learning and leadership development. Equine facilitated learning is an innovative, interactive learning approach that actively engages horses in facilitating the personal development experiences of humans.
This workshop experience is appropriate for emotionally secure individuals who are seriously interested in exploring the transformational potential of human-horse interactions. No prior experience with equines is necessary. Horses will be provided. All activities with the horses are ground-based, in an enclosed arena or round pen; there is no riding. No auditors are permitted. Workshop is limited to 8 participants.
Cancellation Policy: Programs/workshops are filled on a first come, first served basis. Due to the unique and intensive nature of our workshops, there is no refund in the event a registered participant cancels her/his participation prior to the workshop start date or withdraws from a program/workshop that is in session. For cancellations prior to the workshop start date, the individual may choose to attend the same workshop the next time it is offered. In this case, we will inform the individual as to whether their space has filled and of the dates the same workshop is next scheduled. If the individual chooses not to attend the next scheduled workshop, their tuition is forfeited. There are no refunds for workshop withdrawals.