An advanced workshop with Linda Kohanov.
- When: June 15 – 17, 2017
- Time: 9:30 am to 5:30 pm daily
- Where: Lodestone Leadership • #51026 Range Road #222 • Magrath, AB T0K 1J0 • Canada
- Cost: $1500 (includes lunch and workshop materials)
- Local Contact: Janet Murray • 403-634-5056 • email@example.com
- For Assistance in Registering: 520-455-5908 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Accommodations:
- Comfort Inn • 3226 Fairmont Plaza Rd. S. • Lethbridge, AB T1K 7T5, Canada • 403-320-8874
- Holiday Inn • 2375 Mayor Magrath Dr. S. • Lethbridge, AB T1K 7M1, Canada • 888-724-9250
Linda’s only appearance in Canada in 2017 is in-depth, advanced horse-facilitated workshop for people who want to learn new ways to transform interpersonal conflict, power struggles, bullying, and other difficulties at home, school, work, and in political, religious, or social activism contexts. Because it builds upon some basic Eponaquest tools, it requires previous attendance at an introductory Eponaquest leadership or personal development workshop, or private sessions that cover the basic skills.
Stable Leadership in an Unstable World offers practical tools for how to:
- Build trust, respect, and connection in challenging situations
- Help others manage fear and anxiety in times of significant change or competition
- Recognize the antiquated, often unconscious power plays that people engage in regardless of culture, religion, nationality, or social status
- Employ nonverbal and conversational techniques for diffusing conflict and gaining cooperation from dominant, confused, frightened or aggressive people and horses
- Develop emotional heroism, that rare combination of power and compassion, courage and self-control, accountability and forgiveness that great secular and religious leaders throughout history used to motivate others in challenging circumstances
“In the workplace as well as at home, school and in larger community settings, significant social change is not going to occur until sensitive, caring people become empowered rather than overwhelmed,” Linda emphasizes. “We need thoughtful, compassionate individuals to enter situations where suffering and conflict occur, and show a different form of strength, one that holds people accountable without becoming abusive. Otherwise we will continue to see frustrated, disillusioned teenagers acting out violently, bullies stirring up fear to gain control, and sociopaths callously thriving at others’ expense.
For this workshop, Linda will team up with Eponaquest Instructors Janet Murray and Roxy Wright, who also offer introductory workshops in the Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada area. For those who haven’t yet attended an introductory workshop, Janet and Roxy have scheduled qualifying trainings before Linda’s June 15 to 17 appearance www.lodestoneleadership.com. You can also contact other Eponaquest Instructors in your region for qualifying workshops or private sessions by checking the Recommended Instructors page http://eponaquest.com/recommended-instructors/.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation up to 30 days prior to the event start date results in a credit of one-half the workshop tuition. There is no tuition credit for a cancellation 30 days or less before the event start date.